FREE YARD WASTE RECYCLING DAYS – Yard waste must be bagged!
Currently no free yard wast recycling days scheduled.
- Yard waste collection is for Delta Township Residents Only, 2 pieces of ID will be required. We will have 2 additional free days of yard waste recycling on: Tuesday, May 12 (8 a.m-4 p.m.) and Wednesday, May 13 (12-8 p.m.) both trailers and bags will be allowed at these two dates. PLEASE NOTE: For the safety of our staff, you will be responsible for unloading your car or trailer. For more information please call 323-8555.
- Hours of Operation – Tuesdays 8 a.m.-4 p.m., Wednesdays 12-8 p.m., Saturdays 8 a.m.-4 p.m.
- For a list of acceptable items, please click on Services tab above and then Recycling
- Yard Waste will be accepted for Township residents only. A photo identification and a voter ID card, property tax notice, or water/sewer bill must be presented.
- Social distancing is expected and a limited number of vehicles will be allowed in the center at one time.
- Participants will be required to handle all items from vehicles to the appropriate recycling bins.
- Electronics Recycling Events will tentatively resume as planned (June 13, July 11, August 15, September 12, and December 19).
- The Recycling Center will be cleaned daily. Protective personal equipment (such as masks) is strongly recommended for all users.
- Monthly Recycling Newsletters will resume in June. You may get the newsletter at the Recycling Center or by clicking on Services tab above and then Recycling.
*FOR RESIDENTIAL USE ONLY – NO COMMERCIAL*
DELTA TOWNSHIP RECYCLING CENTER
5717 Millett Highway, Lansing, MI 48917
Recycling Guidelines Flyer
Granger and Delta Township have teamed up to bring township Granger customers Curbside Recycling. This program began in June of 2015. Please click on this flyer for more information on how to sign up through Granger. Curbside Recycling Flyer
Delta Township will no longer be able to provide free recycling of electronics, but will provide a monthly (Saturday) event for electronics recycling. Residents will be charged a fee based on the weight of the item.
2020 Dates will be:
Electronics recycling is available from 9 a.m.-12 p.m. on these dates.
PLEASE SEE FLYER FOR FEES: Electronics Recycling Events Flyer
SUMMER HOURS (APRIL-OCTOBER)
Tuesdays from 8 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Wednesdays from 12 p.m. – 8 p.m.
Saturdays from 8 a.m. – 4 p.m.
WINTER HOURS (NOVEMBER-MARCH)
Tuesdays from 8 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Wednesdays from 12 p.m. – 6 p.m.
Saturdays from 8 a.m. – 4 p.m.
2020 – May 23, July 4, September 5, November 28, December 26
DIRECTIONS TO THE DELTA TOWNSHIP RECYCLING CENTER
If you are traveling to the facility from Saginaw Highway, go south on Elmwood Road (by Meijer); Elmwood Road will change its name to Snow Road by the Waverly High School. Continue south past Mt. Hope Highway. Turn right on Pearson Highway; turn left on Sanders Road. Sanders Road ends at Millett Highway where the Recycling Center is located.
If you are traveling to the facility from Waverly Road, travel south on Waverly Road until reaching Lansing Road. Travel west on Lansing Road until reaching Millett Highway. The Recycling Center is located just across the railroad tracks on the south side of Millett Highway.
PLEASE NOTE: Millett Highway does not travel between Creyts Road and Sanders Road due to the Meijer Distribution Center. You must enter the recycling center either from Snow Road or Old Lansing Road.
Follow the “3 R’s… Reduce, Reuse and Recycle. Follow five steps below to improve the environment regarding paint supply. 1. Buy the correct amount of paint for your project. 2. Store paint properly to keep fresh. 3. Use up leftover paint. 4. Reuse or Recycle and 5. Dispose of paint properly. If you are looking to recycle your unused paint contact a local theater organization, church or Habitat for Humanity these types of organizations are always looking for donations.
For more information on programs, or for any other questions pertaining to recycling, please contact the Clerk’s Office at 323.8500.
Earth911 is a one-stop website for information about reducing your impact, reusing, and recycling. The website has a database for the web user to locate recycling centers in their hometown area by zip code, and article to recycle such as electronics or plastics. This website has useful information and articles for the recycler in your household. Visit this website for more information www.earth911.com.
WHAT TO DO WITH A WORN AMERICAN FLAG
We all know that an American flag should be retired with dignity, but what should we do with one that has been tattered by the wind over time. Many of us know not to dispose of worn flags in the trash, so let them reside in the garage with intentions to ‘properly’ handle them later. Boy Scout Troop 111 has relocated their flag collection container to the Delta Township Recycling Center to provide a solution for you and handle proper retirement of all American flags.
The kiosk was originally constructed as part of Leonard Robitaille’s Eagle Project several years ago. Leonard, though autistic, put a lot of work into its construction with the help of many scouts and adults from his Troop. Congressman Mike Rogers and other dignitaries participated in the original dedication at the car wash on Elmwood. It has been at several Delta Township locations, but now resides in a logical location with access to all.
All you have to do is drop the flag in the slot on the side, and the Scouts from Troop 111 will ensure it is included in one of their formal flag retirement ceremonies. Many of the flags are retired during their week as the Governor’s Honor Guard each summer at Mackinac Island. Their most recent ceremony was held on Veteran’s Day with over 100 flags retired with proper dignity.
Troop 111 has served the Delta/Waverly area for over 50 years and meets Monday evenings at 6:30 at First United Methodist Church if you are interested in more information.
For more information on programs, or for any other questions pertaining to recycling, please contact the Clerk’s Office at 323-8500.
Do you have an idea, question or comment for the Township? Let us know!
Lansing MI 48917
Fax: (517) 323-8599
8 a.m. - 5 p.m.