Business of the Year Award
Eligibility, Selection, and Recognition:
Eligibility for the annual Business of the Year Award will be based upon fulfilling all the following criteria:
- Has a verifiable physical, business location in Delta Township;
- Must have been responsible for documented, exceptional outcomes between or among businesses, governments, and nonprofit organizations, OR, have served as a role model for other businesses; OR, have gone above and beyond the scope of business to support and promote Delta Township.
- Must have contributed private resources (time, talent, money, etc.) for the improvement of the Township; where the action resulted in outstanding commitment to Delta Township through financial support, community involvement, and/or motivation of others to take leadership roles or support local initiatives that elevate the character or reputation of Delta Township as a desirable place to live, work, or play.
Not eligible for Business Award are the following:
- Current elected officials of Delta Township.
- Past elected officials of Delta Township for four years immediately following the completion of their last elected term.
- Selection Committee members during their period of service.
- Political candidates running for office in the current year.
*For purposes of this nomination, relative is described as spouse, child, parent, sibling, grandparent, grandchild, aunt, uncle, first cousin, niece, nephew, corresponding in-law, or “step” relation.
A volunteer selection panel will review all nominations and objectively decide the winner. The award winner will be honored at a public ceremony and may be featured in the media.
Guidelines for Making Nominations:
All nominations must be submitted on the Business of the Year Award Nomination Form. The nominator must answer all questions about the nominee. There are no limits to the number of nominations submitted by a single nominator. Nominations must be received no later than 3:00 p.m. Friday, September 29, 2023, to be eligible. The recipient will be announced on November 2 at the 2023 Community Awards Reception to be held at the Crowne Plaza Lansing West Hotel. Nominations may be made online or a printable form is available at the link below.
Do you have an idea, question or comment for the Township? Let us know!
Lansing MI 48917
Fax: (517) 323-8599
8 a.m. - 5 p.m.