7710 West Saginaw Hwy Lansing MI 48917
517 - 323 - 8500


Apply For/Obtain

Apply for a passport?
Find applications for township licenses and permits?
How do I submit a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) Request?
Apply for a Neighborhood Block Party Application?
How do I obtain an Burning Permit?
You will need to  fill out a Burning Permit Application.
How do I apply for a job at Delta Township?
All open positions and instructions for applying can be found on our Human Resources/Employment page.  You can also call the Managers Office at 517-323-8590 to inquire by phone. 

Health & Safety

Who handles fire and ambulance service?
The Delta Township Fire Department handles the Fire and Ambulance service throughout the township and surrounding communities through various mutual aid agreements.
Which health department serves the area?
Barry – Eaton District Health Department handles the health department services that encompasses Delta Township as well as the rest of the Eaton County.
What are the local hospitals?
The local hospitals are run by Sparrow Health Systems and McLaren Health Care.
Who handles policing for Delta Township?
Under a contract with Eaton County, the Eaton County Sheriff’s Office handle policing for Delta Township as well as the Michigan State Police.


Is there a noise ordinance?
Delta Township does have a noise ordinance.  You can find the details here Chapter 14 Article V.  If you would  like to file a noise complaint please contact the Eaton County Sheriffs Office by calling their non-emergency line at 517-372-8217.  If you are having an emergency dial 9-1-1.  
Is there an ordinance for overnight parking on the streets?
Chapter 38 Article II Sec. 38-26 No person shall park any vehicle, including a vehicle used for commercial or recreational purposes, or any trailer on either side of any highway, freeway, street or roadway located within the township between 2:00 a.m. and 6:00 a.m. of any day.
Is there a ordinance that deals with un-mowed lawns and noxious weeds?
The Noxious Weed Ordinance is in effect from May 1 through October 31 each year. While there are many rules that determine if a lot is in violation, the main ones a complainant should keep in mind are that the grass must be at least eight inches high on average across the lot, and the lot may not be over two acres in size.
Who handles un-shoveled and icy sidewalks?
Delta Township property owners are reminded that they need to make arrangements to clear the snow and ice from sidewalks adjacent to their property.Section 34-92 of the Delta Township Code of Ordinances requires that snow and ice be removed from the sidewalk within 24 hours of a snowfall. The code applies even if the property is vacant or the building on the premises is unoccupied. Click on this link to view the Township’s Snow Removal Ordinance. Contact the Delta Township Planning Department at 517.323.8560 with any questions regarding the Township’s Snow Removal Ordinance
Where can I find a listing of ordinances in the township?
All Delta Township Ordinances posted on Municipal Code Corporation – Delta Township Code of Ordinances.  You can also visit the Delta Township Ordinances page for additional information.

Permitting, Licensing and Official Documents

How can I obtain a building permit?
Township Building Permits can be applyed for and obtained online.  You can also print out and mail in or deliver your permit application to the Building Department.  
Do I have to get a dog license?
Eaton County requires dog owners residing in the county to obtain dog licenses for all dogs over the age of 4 months.  You can find more information on obtaing a dog license here.
How can I obtain a liquor license for my business?
Liquor licenses can be processed through the Managers Office at Delta Township. For more information on this process, please consult the Michigan Liquor Control Commission (MLCC) website
Where can I get a marriage license?
Marriage licenses can be obtained through the Eaton County Clerks Office.
Do I need a tent permit in the township?
You must have a tent permit if you wish to erect a tent display within the township.
Where can I get a passport at?
The Clerk’s office accepts applications for the processing of US Passports and Passport Cards Monday through Friday, from 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. No appointments are necessary.
How do I register to vote?
Voter registration can be handled through the Secretary of State’s Office in Delta Township located at 8158 Executive Court (off Marketplace drive between Saginaw and St. Joe Highway), or at the Delta Township Clerk’s Office at 7710 W. Saginaw Highway.

You can also register to vote online through the Secretary of State's Office at https://www.michigan.gov/sos/0,4670,7-127-1633_8716_8726_47669---,00.html

Updating your driver’s license at the Secretary of State’s Office or online at 
www.michigan.gov/sos will also update your voter registration and will be electronically submitted to Delta Township. Once received by Delta a voter identification card will be sent.
What is a vending permit?
Anyone going from door-to-door, or operating from a fixed site which is not within a building is considered vending activity and must have a vending permit. Vendor Packet Including Tent Application & Sign Permit
What is an amusement and entertainment permit?
Any type of outdoor entertainments, such as concerts, parades, or exhibitions. Amusement and Entertainment Packet

Property and Neighborhoods

Can I have a block party?
Yes you can!  neighborhood block party is a great way to meet your neighbors, create a sense of belonging, network within the community and sometimes help plan some change in your community!
Where can I get information about deeds?
Deeds are handled by the Eaton County Clerk and Register of Deed.
Where can I find information on delinquent property taxes?
Delinquent real property taxes (land and structures): are paid (with interest and penalties) to the Eaton County Treasurer, at 1045 Independence Blvd., Charlotte, MI 48813. Please call 517.543.7500 or locally 517.485.3417 ext. 4262 for the current amount due. Payments made to Eaton County do not reflect in our records.
Who handles the drains?
The Drain Commissioner is an elected official responsible for constructing and maintaining public storm drains throughout Eaton County, Statutory authority for the office is derived from Public Act 40 of 1956, as amended, commonly referred to as the Michigan Drain Code.
How do I divide my land?
If you are looking to divide land you own you will need to fill out a Land Division Application and file it with the Community Development Department, Planning Division at Delta Township.
Where can I get information about property taxes in the township?
Property taxes are calculated and collected at Delta Township.
What is my property zoned?
You can determine your zoning classification by contacting the Planning Department or by searching out your property through our Zoning Explorer.
How can I get my property rezoned?
If you are looking to rezone a piece of property within the township you must fill out a rezoning application and file it with the Community Development Department, Planning Division at Delta Township.
My street light is out.  Who do I call?
Have a streetlight out? You can contact Consumers Energy or the Lansing Board of Water and Light to have it repaired.
How can I apply for a Neighborhood Beautification Grant?
The grant provides funding assistance and promotes neighborhood engagement by encouraging neighbors to participate in beautification projects at entrance points of their respective neighborhoods.  Qualified projects will be eligible for a 50% match up to a maximum of $500.   Please vising our Neighborhood Beautification Grant Program page for more information and how to apply.


Does Delta Township offer adult sports?
Delta Township offers several adult athletic opportunities in the form of kickball, slow-pitch softball, sand volleyball, and indoor volleyball. You can view, search and register for all of Delta Township’s athletic offerings at our online catalog.
What facilities are available for rent?
Delta Township has many different facilities, rooms and even a Community Center that is available for rental.  To view available facilities to rent please visit our online facilities search at our online catalog.
Can I hunt in Delta Township?
Hunting is allowed within Delta Township but there are specific regulations and even restricted areas.
How do I find information about Senior Service in the township?
Two organizations come to mind with discussing Senior Service in the township. 

The Delta Township 39’ers program is an energetic and vibrant program that serves people ages 50 and over from Delta Township, Waverly School District, and surrounding areas. There is no fee to become a member, just come join us!
What type of youth sports are available?
Delta Township offers multiple youth athletic opportunities throughout the year. You can view, search and register for all of Delta Township’s athletic offerings at our online catalog.

Recycling and Sanitation

Who handles garbage collection?
Curbside garbage collection is handled by local companies throughout Delta Township. The top two garbage collection companies are Granger and Waste Management.
Is there recycling in the township?
There are several recycling options throughout the township. Delta Township operates the Delta Township Recycling Center located at 5717 Millett Hwy Lansing, MI 48917.Granger and Waste Management also offer curbside recycling in addition to standard garbage collection.


Is there bus service?
Busing service is offered by two entities, CATA and EATRAN.
How do I find out who handles road maintenance, potholes, and snow removal?
Delta Township does not operate our own transportation department, the Eaton County Road Commission (ECRC) and the Michigan Department of Transportation (MDOT) are responsible for road maintenance within the Township. If you are experiencing problems with township roads that you travel, please contact the ECRC or the MDOT’s Lansing TSC for information, questions or concerns.
Who handles traffic lights?
Traffic light installation, maintenance, and timing are handled by the Eaton County Road Commission.
How do I register my vehicle?
Vehicle registration is handled by the Michigan Secretary of State. There is a Michigan Secretary of State located within the township at 8158 Executive Court Lansing, MI 48917


Who offers cable TV and internet in the township?
Cable TV/Internet providers to the township are Comcast/XfinityAT&T/DirecTV, and Dish Network.
Who handles drains?
The Drain Commissioner is an elected official responsible for constructing and maintaining public storm drains throughout Eaton County, Statutory authority for the office is derived from Public Act 40 of 1956, as amended, commonly referred to as the Michigan Drain Code
Who provides gas and electrical service?
The two companies that provide electrical service to the township is Consumers Energy and the Lansing Board of Water and Light.
Who provides water and sewer service?
Delta Township provides water and sewer service to the residents and businesses located throughout the township.  To start or stop water service please contact the Accounting Department at 517-323-8510.


How do I get the Delta Magazine?
The Delta Magazine is mailed to every address in the township each quarter.  You can also view an electronic copy the Delta Magazine.
How do I get the Delta Now!?
The Delta Now! is a semi-annual publication that is mailed to every address in the township.  You can view the electronice version of the Delta Now!
How do I get the Talk of the Township?
The Talk of the Township is an electronic newsletter that is emailed monthly.  You can view past Talk of the Township publications and can be added to the email list by visiting the Talk of the Township page.  

District Library

Where is the library located?
The Delta Township District Library is a library facility second to none in the area.  Its located at:
5130 Davenport Drive
Lansing, MI 48917
What is the Library's website?
The Delta Township District Library can be found online at www.dtdl.org.
Does the Library offer a charging station for Electric cars?
Yes the library has charging stations for electric cars.  

Contact Us
Do you have an idea, question or comment for the Township? Let us know!

Contact Us

7710 West Saginaw Hwy
Lansing MI 48917
Phone: (517) 323-8500
Fax: (517) 323-8599
Monday - Friday:
8 a.m. - 5 p.m.