Employment / Human Resources
Applicants, please note which position(s) and department(s) you are applying for when submitting your applications and resumes via email.
- Library Services Assistant (part-time)
- Processing Clerk (part-time) - Library
- Adult Services Assistant (part-time) - Library
- Plumbing &/or Mechanical Inspector
- Paramedic/Firefighter (full-time) – The Delta Township Fire Department is currently accepting applications for full-time paramedic/firefighters. We have several positions to be filled immediately. If you are looking for a positive team approach in a progressive fire department and stable community, we want to hear from you.
- Part-time Lifeguard / Learn to Swim Instructor
- Seasonal Worker - Utility Department
- Seasonal Worker - Parks & Recreation Department
- Water Aerobics Instructor
Delta Township occasionally seeks individuals to work on a temporary or seasonal part-time basis. These positions are commonly located in our Parks & Recreation Department or Utilities Department. You may contact Marcus Kirkpatrick, Parks & Recreation Director, at 517.323.8555 or Rick Kane, Utilities Director, at 517.323.8570.
- Online Employment Application
- Delta Township Offline Employment Application
- Employee Manual – Effective October 21, 2013
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance equivalent to 1½ times your annual base salary
- Dental Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- 401(a) Pension Plan – Non-Union (employer contributes 12½% of annual base salary after 6 months of continuous full-time employment and successful completion of probationary period) *
- 457 Deferred Compensation Plan (optional employee contribution only)
- Section 125 Flexible Spending Plan (both medical and dependent care expenses)
- Paid Vacation Time – Non-Union (2 weeks each year for the first five years; pro-rated each month; eligible for vacation after 6 months of employment) *
- Paid Sick Time – Non-Union (8 hours per month) *
- Paid Personal Time – Non-Union (1 day after completion of one year of employment; 2 days after completion of three years; 3 days after completion of five years)
- Paid Holidays – Non-Union (11 per year) *
- Longevity Pay beginning after five years of continuous full-time employment.
* Union employees' vacation, sick, and holiday benefits are specified within the union contract. Union employees do not receive personal benefit days. Union employees and township pension contributions are also outlined in the union contract.
Frequently Asked Questions
All employees of the Township, including firefighters and temporary/seasonal employees, are hired through the human recourses department located in the Manager’s Office.
How do I apply for a job with Delta Township?
You may call the personnel department at (517) 323-8590, or visit the office located at 7710 W. Saginaw Highway. The human recourses department is housed in the Manager’s Office located in the west wing of the Administration Building.
What types of positions are available?
Positions vary from custodian to firefighter to secretarial and everything in between. For a list of current job opportunities, check our web page. We post openings as they occur.
Can I come to the Manager's Office to apply?
Yes. Delta Township accepts applications from individuals and will maintain them on file for a one year period. These applications will be reviewed as positions become available.
What types of benefits are available for employees?
A listing of benefits is shown in the Employee Benefits box above..
Is there a residency requirement?
Delta Township does not have a residency requirement for any employees,
Is the township an equal opportunity employer?
Delta Township practices nondiscrimination and discourages and prohibits discrimination against any person in recruitment, examination, training, promotion, retention, discipline, or any other aspect of personnel administration because of political opinions, or affiliations. It is the policy of Delta Township that no person be discriminated against because of actual or perceived race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, height, weight, marital status, physical or mental limitation, source of income, familial status, sexual orientation, or gender identity/expression.
Is there a filing deadline for job postings?
All job postings have a specific closing date on the announcement. It is important to note this information when applying in order to submit your application before the deadline.
Do you have an idea, question or comment for the Township? Let us know!
Lansing MI 48917
Fax: (517) 323-8599
8 a.m. - 5 p.m.