New Resident Guide
Welcome home to beautiful Delta Township!
A hearty welcome to Delta Township! We are pleased that you have chosen Delta as your new home and hope that you will share our pride in living here. As a resident, you will enjoy the very best in municipal services and programs. Please contact the Township whenever we may be of service to you.
Below you will find useful information to help you get settled into your new community. If you cannot find what you need here, please email the Township or call 517-323-8500 so that we may better serve you.
Among the best ways to learn about the Township is to navigate around our Township website. You will find current information about Township Special Events (such as our seasonal Movies in the Park, Delta Rocks! celebration, and Fourth of July festivities) as well as helpful general information and links to other useful sites. To learn about upcoming events and activities, for our community newsletter Delta Now! which is mailed semi-annually (Summer and Winter). sign up Receive monthly updates right to your inbox with our e-Newsletter Talk of the Township and don’t forget to “Like” the Delta Facebook page for the most up-to-date information!
Delta Township Administrative Office Hours are Monday through Friday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM located at 7710 West Saginaw Hwy. Lansing, MI 48917 (across the street from Horrocks).New Resident Printable Checklist
- Talk of the Township - Monthly e-Newsletter
- Delta Now! - Semi-annual mailer on everyting Delta.
- Delta Magazine - Quarterly magazine.
- facebook.com/deltatownship - Follow us on Facebook for daily updates!
- instagram.com/iamdeltatownship - Follow us on Instagram!
- twitter.com/deltatownship - Follow us on Twitter!
Visit our election information center for all things elections. There you can register to vote, view an upcoming ballot, or signup to vote absentee!
Water and Sewer Service - Water and sewer service is provided by Delta Township.
- Delta Township Accounting Department - 517-323-8510
- Start your water service
- Signup for automatic bill payment
- Signup for paperless billing
- Lansing Board of Water and Light 517-702-6006 - A majority of the township east of I-96/I-69 are LBWL customers.
- Consumers Energy 800-477-5050 - Those west of I-96/I-69 are generally Consumers Energy customers.
- Comcast/Xfinity 1-800-xfinity
- MetroNet 877-407-3224
- AT&T/DirecTV 888-766-8416
- Dish Network 800-333-3474
- Granger 888-947-2643
- Waste Management 866-797-9018
- Delta Township Recycling Center
- Electronics Recycling
In an emergency dial 9-1-1.
- Eaton County Sheriff Office - Non-emergency 517-372-8217
- Delta Township Fire Department - Non-emergency 517-321-6622
Public Transit in Delta
- EATRAN 517-543-4087 - Eaton County Transportation Authority (EATRAN) shall provide open-door, curb-to-curb public transportation throughout Eaton County, Michigan.
- CATA 517-394-1100 - Capital Area Transportation Authority (CATA) provides limited bus service in Delta Township.
Education ResourcesDelta Township is home to four different school districts including:
- Grand Ledge Public Schools 517-925-5400
- Waverly Community Schools 517-321-7265
- Lansing School District 517-755-1000
- Holt Public Schools 517-694-0401
- Delta Township District Library
- Eaton County
- Sheriff’s Office-Delta Patrol
- Delta Township contracts with the Eaton County Sheriff’s Office for police protection which establishes the Delta Patrol, which is housed within the Administration Complex of Delta Township.
- Road Commission
- The Eaton County Road Commission is responsible for all roadway maintenance and construction throughout the Township with the exception of State Highways (Saginaw Hwy) and Interstates.
- Drain Office
- The Eaton County Drain Commission oversees most drainage issues in Delta Township. It is the job of the drain commission:
- To provide adequate drainage and assure protection of downstream properties and existing storm drains;
- To implement and manage regional flood control measures on public drains; and
- To protect surface waters of the county and state against degradation.
- Animal Control
- Eaton County Animal Control handles and investigates complaints involving domestic animals.
- Lansing Regional Chamber of Commerce
- Delta Side Business Association
- Online Forms
- Township Events
- Household Chemical Disposal
- Medications & Sharps Disposal
- Dog License
Do you have an idea, question or comment for the Township? Let us know!
Lansing MI 48917
Fax: (517) 323-8599
8 a.m. - 5 p.m.