All Township Ordinances Online
For a complete listing of Township ordinances, please click the link below. The Delta Township Code of Ordinances is maintained by the Municipal Code Corporation and is updated annually. All fees as may be indicated in Township Ordinances are assessed by resolution of the Board. Please check with the Clerk’s Office at 517-323-8500 for the most recent updates.
Frequently Referenced Ordinances
- Noise Ordinance – Chapter 14 Article V any noise in excess of the maximum decibel limits outlined below will be in direct violation of the Township noise ordinance.
- Overnight Parking – Chapter 38 Article II Sec. 38-26 No person shall park any vehicle, including a vehicle used for commercial or recreational purposes, or any trailer on either side of any highway, freeway, street or roadway located within the township between 2:00 a.m. and 6:00 a.m. of any day.
- Noxious Weed Ordinance – The Noxious Weed Ordinance is in effect from May 1 through October 31 each year. Grass must be kept at no more than eight inches in length on average across the lot.
- Sidewalk Enforcement – Delta Township property owners are reminded that they need to make arrangements to clear the snow and ice from sidewalks adjacent to their property. Section 34-92 of the Delta Township Code of Ordinances requires that snow and ice be removed from the sidewalk within 24 hours of a snowfall. The code applies even if the property is vacant or the building on the premises is unoccupied. Contact the Delta Township Planning Department at 517-323-8560 with any questions.
- Delta Township Non-Discrimination Ordinance
- Delta Township Truck Route Ordinance
- Delta Township Zoning Ordinance (9/3/2017)
- Delta Township Zoning Map
- Delta Township Rental Registration
- Delta Township Hunting Zones
- Complete Streets Ordinance (January 21, 2014)
- Sign Ordinance (June 28, 2015)
- Vending or Amusement & Entertainment – Please check with the Township Clerk to see if a vendor license is required for any vending activity in the Township either door-to-door or from a fixed commercial site. Residents should ask to see a license if they are approached by a vendor. A license is not required if vendor leaves a brochure at a resident’s home and is not soliciting a sale of merchandise or service to be delivered at later date. All other questions regarding this ordinance should be directed to the Delta Township Clerk’s Office at 517-323-8500. Outlined below are regulations regarding those most frequently inquired about:
- Amusement & Entertainments – any type of outdoor entertainments, such as concerts, parades, or exhibitions. Amusement and Entertainment Packet
- Vending – anyone going from door-to-door, or operating from a fixed site which is not within a building is considered vending activity. Vendor Packet Including Tent and Sign Permit Application – 2016.
- Failure to obtain proper licensing is considered a civil infraction and will be treated accordingly. If a vendor does not have a Township issued license, residents should contact the Sheriff’s Department at 372.8217.
Current Registered Vendors: Click here for current registered vendors.
All persons operating as “vendors” within Delta Township are required to be registered and wearing a visible identification card saying so. To report a non-registered “vendor” please contact the Eaton County Sheriff’s Office at 517-372-8217 Option #2.
- Special Transitory Food Units Ordinance (Also Known as Food Trucks) – anyone wishing to operate a special transitory food unit within the township must be registered. Special Transitory Food Unit (Food Truck) applications should be submitted to the Delta Township Planning Department. All applications must be paid in full at the time of submittal and must be submitted at least 10-days in advance of when the license will take effect.
- 30-Day Licensing Fee – $75
- 120-Day Licensing Fee – $300
For questions regarding Special Transitory Food Units, please contact the Planning Department at 517-323-8560. Below you may see a full version of the ordinance and download an application.