Select Page

Application for Block Party

Block Party Application Form Instructions

  1. Fill out the Delta Township Block Party Application form completely (This serves as a request for a road closure and barricades), including the location of the event and the location in which the barricades will be placed.  This form will be received in the Delta Township Manager’s Office.  All requests will be held until verification of a road closure permit is obtained and copy is sent from the Eaton County Road Commission to the Delta Township Manager’s office. Please allow 14 days for permit verification.
  2. A $50 deposit is required if barricades are requested. Cash, check, or credit card information must be provided at the time the barricades are pick-up. The deposit must be made in the Township Manager’s Office, located at 7710 West Saginaw Highway. Check and credit card information will ONLY be processed if the barricades are not returned within 5 business days of the event, or are damaged.  If damages occur the responsible party will be charged at the current replacement value of the equipment and the deposit will not be returned.
  3. You will be notified by email, or by phone of your approved barricade request and will need to pick up the barricades from the Delta Township Parks & Recreation Department maintenance shop at 7720 West Saginaw Highway, at a pre-designated time determined by the Township Manager’s office.
  4. The $50 deposit will be returned in full or destroyed after the barricades are returned to the Delta Township administration building and assessed by staff.  (Please allow 30 days for all deposit refunds to be returned)
  5. If you have questions about this procedure, please call the Delta Township Manager’s Office at 517-323-8590.


(For Residential Local Streets on Weekends or Holidays) Please complete this form online or a hard copy may be delivered in person or mailed to the Manager’s Office c/o Delta Township, 7710 Saginaw Highway, Lansing, MI  48917. A $50 deposit is required if you are requesting barricades for your event and must be produced at the time of pick-up.



  1. A road closure permit must be obtained through the Eaton County Road Commission before the Township will process any corresponding requests or permits in conjunction with the block party request, should a road closure apply.
  2. Loud, excessive, or unreasonable noise is prohibited in Delta Township. Please be considerate of your neighbors.  A noise waiver permit is required if the noise levels will exceed 60db(A) between the hours of 7:00 a.m. and 10:00 p.m. or will exceed 50db(A) between the hours of 10:00 p.m. and 7:00 a.m. per the Delta Township Noise Ordinance.  If you require a Noise Waiver, please note that a noise waiver must be requested at least one month prior to the event to ensure there is sufficient time to present the information to the Township Board during a regular Board meeting.
  3. Do not block fire hydrants and be certain that a clear path for emergency vehicles is available.  Emergency vehicles require a path that is at least 20 ft. wide.
  4. Alcohol is not permitted on Township streets and must be consumed on private property only.  Anyone serving alcohol must ensure that no minors under 21 are given, or allowed to possess alcohol.
  5. A Burning Permit from the Fire Department is required if planning to have a bon fire during your event.
  6. After the party is over, please clean up the street and the sidewalk.

Share This