A neighborhood block party is a great way to meet your neighbors, create a sense of belonging, network within the community and sometimes help plan some change in your community!
Top Reasons to have a neighborhood block party:
- To have fun – no excuse or reason to celebrate!
- To meet your neighbors. The more you know who belongs to the neighborhood, the more likely you are to identify strangers or suspicious people.
- To increase the sense of belonging in your neighborhood.
- To organize a group such as Neighborhood Watch.
- To make connections within the community. When you know people, you can exchange skills or resources and perhaps organize a book club, baby-sitting co-op, share walking to school duties, or find new friends for your children.
- To plan a campaign for traffic slowdown, get better lighting, or address other interests.
- To “use” the street for one day, for example street hockey, set up a kids jump house or to practice bike safety skills.
- To meet some of the old-time residents in the neighborhood and learn about its history.
- To have a neighborhood clean-up day, play some good music and barbecue once all the work is done.
- To start a tradition of getting together at least once a year.
What do I need to do to have a neighborhood block party?
- If you need a road closure for your event, Please complete a Block Party and the Use of Barricades Request Form. (Please note road closure requests must submitted at least 20 days prior to the event.)
– Block Party and the use of Barricades Request Form
- If your event requires a noise waiver per the Delta Township Noise Ordinance, complete a Noise Waiver Request Form.
– Noise Waiver Request Form