Roads in Delta Township
Road Maintenance and Snow Removal
Delta Township does not operate our own road department. The responsibility of public road maintenance in our Township is shared between the Michigan Department of Transportation (MDOT) and the Eaton County Road Commission (ECRC).
- MDOT is responsible for the maintenance and snow removal along M-43 (Saginaw Highway), Lansing Road, I-496, and I-96 within the Township.
- ECRC is responsible for all other public roadways.
- For privately owned roadways, maintenance and snow removal are the responsibility of the property owner(s).
|MDOT Report a Pothole
|ECRC Report a Problem
Delta Township Contracts with the Eaton County Sheriff’s Office to enforce all street and traffic laws within the Township.
- Streets, Sidewalks, and Public Places Ordinance
- Traffic and Vehicles Ordinance
- Overnight Parking Ordinance– Chapter 38 Article II Sec. 38-26 No person shall park any vehicle, including a vehicle used for commercial or recreational purposes, or any trailer on either side of any highway, freeway, street or roadway located within the township between 2:00 a.m. and 6:00 a.m. of any day.
Truck Routes & Seasonal Weight Restrictions
The Eaton County Sheriff’s Office Weighmaster enforces all Truck Traffic and Parking Laws in Delta Township.
- Truck Traffic and Parking Ordinance
- Seasonal Weight Restrictions
Seasonal weight restrictions were enacted in order to help minimize the impact of heavy trucks on Michigan’s roads during the Spring cycle of freezing and thawing. By law, road agencies can enact weight restrictions on roads that are not designated as all-season routes when conditions merit.
Seasonal restrictions lower the axle-loading limits and reduces the maximum travel speed for certain vehicles. Details about seasonal weight restrictions and their effect on axle loading and speed can be found by clicking here for the full text of MCL 257.722. There are some limited classes that are exempt from these restrictions after a permit is filed.
Do you have an idea, question or comment for the Township? Let us know!
Lansing MI 48917
Fax: (517) 323-8599
8 a.m. - 5 p.m.