With the passing of Proposal 2 “Promote the Vote” at the November 8, 2022, General Election, voters will see some changes and added options for voting in the upcoming future.
Promoting the Vote will expand voting options for voters. Below is a list of a few things that will benefit voters from the passage of this proposal.
- Nine (9) days of early voting.
- State-funded postage for absentee applications and ballots.
- Allow voters a single registration for absentee ballots for all future elections.
- Military and Overseas voters’ ballots will be counted if the ballot is postmarked by Election Day and received by the election official within six (6) days after the election.
More information will be coming in near future. Please see the Delta Township website at www.deltami.gov. All updates will be posted as they become available.
2023 Special Election
2023 Election Date
Tuesday, May 2, 2023 – Special Election - Delta Township Public Safety Proposal
Delta Township has scheduled a Special Election for Tuesday, May 2, 2023. There will be a Public Safety proposal on the ballot for the May 2, 2023, Special Election. Absent voter ballots will be available on March 18, 2023.
Please see the Delta Township website at www.deltami.gov or contact the Clerk’s Office at 517-323-8500 for any further election updates for 2023.
Potential 2023 Election DatesThe dates for 2023 elections are as follows:
- Tuesday, August 8, 2023 (If scheduled)
- Tuesday, November 7, 2023 (If scheduled)
2024 Election Dates – Presidential Election Year
- Tuesday, February 27, OR March 12 TBD (set by Michigan Legislature) – Presidential Primary conducted every four years.
- Tuesday, May 7, 2024 – Special Election (If scheduled)
- Tuesday, August 6, 2024 – Primary Election
- Tuesday, November 5, 2024 – General Election
If a resident will be out of the community on any Election Day or need any information regarding an upcoming election, please contact the Township Clerk’s Office at 323-8500.
Do you have an idea, question or comment for the Township? Let us know!
Lansing MI 48917
Fax: (517) 323-8599
8 a.m. - 5 p.m.