39ers (50+) Senior Programs
39’ers & Aquatics Office: (Located inside Delta Enrichment Center)Monday-Friday, 10 a.m.-3 p.m.Delta Township Enrichment Center : Located at 4538 Elizabeth Road, Lansing, 48917
Office Phone: 517.484.5600
- Tammy Opdyke, Senior Coordinator
- Damon Roberts, Aquatics Coordinator
- Nichole Combs, Department Assistant
Click on this newsletter to learn about all of the programs and events!
Come and join us for lunch Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Enjoy fellowship and nutritious meals provided by Tri County Office on Aging. Reservations are required and must be called in by noon the day before you wish to attend. To make a reservation or request a menu, call the 39’ers & Aquatics office at 517.484.5600. Individuals ages 60 and older can receive a free meal (donations accepted, suggested donation is $3.50) and $6 for ages 59 and under. Occasionally included with the luncheons are programs such as speakers, musical entertainment, and theme parties (a small activity fee may be charged). January Menu
The 39’ers (50+ Group) travel to a lot of fun places throughout the year. Remember to register early as there is limited seating. For more information or to register please call 484-5600.
Activities January Activities
Mackinac Island/Grand Hotel 4 Day/3 Night Package
Includes: motor coach, ferry, and horse drawn taxi transportation; Grand Hotel lodging (rooms are luck of the draw), baggage handling, three breakfasts, three buffet lunches, and three five-course dinners, carriage tour, and many special activities. Do as much or as little as you want.
Not included: lunch on way home, bus drivers’ tips, taxi drivers’ tips, and carriage tour driver’s tips ($1-$2 per person suggested).
Early Bird Discount of $25 per person if you register before 5/25. Trip Insurance recommended. No refunds after the final payment deadline of 8/20 unless someone is found to fill your spot.
Cost: Double Occupancy $940, Single Occupancy $1,135, Triple Occupancy $940, prices are per person. (Code SR807)
Call 484-5600 for more information.
Men’s and Women’s leagues are offered at Ledge Meadows Golf Course on Tuesdays from April – September. Tee time is from 7-9 a.m. The cost of the league is $25 plus green fees. There will be a pre-season organizational meeting please call 517.484.5600 for more information.
Cards & Games No registration, drop in only, and no partner needed.
- Bingo Monday, Wednesday & Friday, 1-3 p.m., $1 per person, 12 cards maximum
- Bridge (Social/Contract) Monday, 1-4 p.m., $1.50 per person
- Cribbage Wednesday 1st and 3rd, 1-3 p.m., $1.50 per person,
- Euchre Monday, 6-9 p.m., $1.50 per person, Room 300
- Euchre Thursday, 6-9 p.m., $3.00 per person, Room 300
- Mah Jong Friday 2nd & 4th, 12-3 p.m., $.50 per person, Room 300
- Pinochle Tuesday, 11:30 a.m.- 3:00 p.m., $1.50 per person, Room 300
- Scrabble Monday, 10 a.m.-12:45 p.m. $.50 per person, Room 300
- Scrabble Thursday, 1-3 p.m., $.50 per person, Room 300
- Treadmill is available for use at the Enrichment Center, Monday-Friday, 10 a.m.-3 p.m., free of charge.
- Lending library is available for use at the Enrichment Center Monday-Friday, 10 a.m.-3 p.m., free of charge. Both books and jigsaw puzzles available (there is a take one, leave one system).
Do you have an idea, question or comment for the Township? Let us know!
Lansing MI 48917
Fax: (517) 323-8599
8 a.m. - 5 p.m.