39'ers (50+) Programs
The 39'ers are Located in the Delta Township Enrichment Center
Delta Township Enrichment Center is Located at: 4538 Elizabeth Road, Lansing, 48917
39’ers & Aquatics Office Hours: Monday-Friday, 10 a.m.-3 p.m.
39'ers & Aquatics Office Phone: 517.484.5600
39'ers Inclement Weather Policy: If Waverly Community Schools are closed due to weather, then all 39'ers activities, classes, and events (except trips) are also cancelled. The activities, classes, and events will be rescheduled when possible.
39'ers Registration: Registration is required for activities, classes, events, and trips (unless otherwise noted). Register at anytime before registration deadline for trips. Register early as there is limited seating. Registration can be done in person, by phone, by mail, or online. Click Here For Online Registration
39'ers Activities Calendar
39'ers Cards & Games - No Registration, Drop-In Only, No Partner Needed
- Bingo - Monday, Wednesday & Friday, 1-3 p.m., $1 per person (12 cards maximum), Activity Room
- Bridge (Social/Contract) - Monday, 1-4 p.m., $1.50 per person, Room 300
- Cribbage - Wednesday, 1-3 p.m., $1.50 per person, Room 300
- Double Pinochle - 1st and 3rd Friday, 12-3 p.m., $1.50 per person, Room 300
- Euchre - Monday, 6-9 p.m., $1.50 per person, Room 300
- Euchre - Thursday, 6-9 p.m., $3.00 per person, Room 300
- Mahjong - 2nd & 4th Friday , 12-3 p.m., $.50 per person, Room 300
- Pinochle - Tuesday, 11:30 a.m.- 3:00 p.m., $1.50 per person, Room 300
- Scrabble - Monday, 10 a.m.-12:45 p.m. $.50 per person, Room 300
- Scrabble - Thursday, 1-3 p.m., $.50 per person, Room 300
39'ers Classes - Registration is required unless otherwise noted
For a current listing of the 39'ers (50+) classes, descriptions, times, and prices see the 39'ers Program Guide (below) or visit our online catalog at Delta Township Activities Catalog.
- Jazzercise For Seniors - Drop-In Option Available
- House Of The Heart Painting Class
- Learn To Crochet
- Learn To Knit
- Medicine Basket Painting Class
- No Fear Basic Computer Class
- No Fear Beyond The Basics Computer Class
- Pacers Walking Club - No Registration, Drop-In Only
- Senior Barre Fitness
- Senior Core and More
- Soulful Story Cards
- Tai Chi Qigong Shibashi
- Tai Chi Beginning
- Yoga - No Registration, Drop-In Only
- Zumba Gold
39'ers Gift Certificates
Gift certificates are available in a variety of denominations. They can be used for trips, classes, footcare, and chair massage. A great gift for any occasion.
39'ers Health Services
- Alzheimer & Dementia Caregiver Support Group (No Registration, Drop-In Only) - The is group is for the caregivers, it offers support, education, and problem solving. 1st Wednesday, 11 a.m. - 12 p.m., Free, Room 302
- Alzheimer Male Caregiver Support Group (No Registration, Drop-In Only) - This group is for the male caregivers, it offers support, education, and problem solving. 3rd Wednesday, 10a.m. - 12 p.m., Free, Room 302
- Foot Care - Includes toenail cutting, foot bath, and foot massage. Minor calluses and rough areas. Corns are a medical procedure therefore this is not performed. Tuesday, Call for an appointment. $30
39'ers Lending Library - No Registration, Drop-In Only
Available for use at the Enrichment Center Monday-Friday, 10 a.m.-3 p.m., free of charge. Both books and jigsaw puzzles available (there is a take one, leave one system).
39'ers Luncheons & Menus
Come and join us for lunch Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Enjoy fellowship and nutritious meals provided by Tri County Office on Aging. Reservations are required and must be called in by noon the day before you wish to attend. To make a reservation or request a menu, call the 39’ers & Aquatics office. Individuals ages 60 and older can receive a free meal (donations accepted, suggested donation is $3.50) and $6 for ages 59 and under. Occasionally included with the luncheons are programs such as speakers, musical entertainment, and theme parties (a small activity fee may be charged).
39'ers Program Guide
Click on the program guide link below to learn about all of the activities, classes, events, and trips! Want to receive our quarterly program guide? Call our office with your mailing address or email address and we will add you to our mailing list.
39'ers (50+) Newsletter
See at the bottom for current or past issues of our 39'ers (50+) Newsletter. To join the 39'ers (50+) quarterly newsletter mailing list (email only) click on one of the newsletter links below and then click on the join our email list at the top of the newsletter.
The 39’ers (50+) travel to a lot of fun places throughout the year. Register anytime before the trip registration deadline. Register early as there is limited seating.
39'ers Treadmill - No Registration, Drop-In Only
Available for use at the Enrichment Center, Monday-Friday, 10 a.m.-3 p.m., free of charge.
39'ers Instructors Wanted
We're looking for fun individuals who would like to share their expertise with others. Program opportunities can range from dance, group exercise, art, music, photography, foreign language, jewelry making, or any special interest programs for ages 50+. Compensation is available for instructors. Scheduling is flexible and determined by your availability and our facility schedule. We generally work at least three months in advance of each term: Winter: January-March, Spring: April-May, Summer: June-August, and Fall: September-December. For a current listing of the 39'ers (50+) classes visit our online catalog at Delta Township Activities Catalog. If you are interested in teaching a class, please contact the 39'ers & Aquatics office.
39'ers Scholarship Information
Delta Township Parks & Recreation recognizes that some residents may require financial assistance to participate in Delta Township Parks & Recreation activities. Scholarships are only valid for Delta Township Parks & Recreation activities. A limited number of scholarships are available for those who qualify. Residents must meet the eligibility requirement. You only need to demonstrate eligibility by one of the methods (Medicaid/Medicare Card, Copy of FIA Benefits, Bridge Card, or A Copy Of Your Most Recent Federal Income Tax Return). Please allow a minimum of 2 working days to process your scholarship application. Scholarship Application Form
39'ERS (50+) NEWSLETTERS
Sign up for news and information for the 50+ plus community by subscribing to the quarterly 39ers/Senior e-Newsletter.
Sign up Here