The Delta Township Clerk’s Office accepts passport applications year-round during regular office hours Monday – Friday 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. APPOINTMENT REQUIRED, call 323-8500 to schedule a passport appointment.
The Clerk’s Office will also be offering several passport drives during 2023. One picture is required when submitting a passport application (Form DS-11 ONLY) and can be obtained at the Clerk’s Office for a $15.00 fee. If you need a passport and find it difficult to get to our office during regular office hours mark your calendar. The Clerk’s office will be open for extended hours to accept passport applications (Form DS-11 ONLY) on the following dates in 2023:
- Monday, January 9 – 5 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- Tuesday, February 7 – 5 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- Wednesday, March 8 – 5 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- Thursday, April 13 – 5 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- Monday, May 8 – 5 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- Tuesday, June 6– 5 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- Wednesday, July 12 – 5 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- Thursday, August 10 – 5 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- Monday, September 11 – 5 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- Tuesday, October 10 – 5 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- Wednesday, November 15 – 5 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- Thursday, December 14 – 5 p.m. to 7 p.m.
Please visit the U.S. Department of State website for documentation requirements, fees, and application at www.travel.state.gov. NO CREDIT CARDS AND DEBIT CARDS ARE ACCEPTED FOR PAYMENT OF PASSPORT APPLICATION FEES. THE APPLICATION FEE IS MAILED TO THE U.S. DEPARTMENT OF STATE WITH YOUR APPLICATION. PAYMENT MUST BE A MONEY ORDER OR CHECK. Two payments will be required: (1) Payable to the U.S. Department of State for processing of your passport, which must be in form of a personal check or money order, and (2) Payable to Delta Township for pictures and service fee, which may be in the form of a personal check, money order, cash, debit or credit card. Please call the Delta Township Clerk’s office at 323.8500 if you have any questions or require more information.
DELTA TOWNSHIP CLERK’S OFFICE PASSPORT ACCEPTANCE AGENCY
The Clerk’s Office accepts applications for the processing of US Passports and Passport Cards Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. FORM DS-11 ONLY. Appointments required. It is recommended to apply for passports four to six months prior to international travel due to processing times at the U.S. Department of State. Current processing times are six to nine weeks for routine processing and three to five weeks for expedited processing. The processing time DOES NOT include mail time. It is recommended applicants add additional two to four weeks to accommodate mail time for both routine and expedited applications.
The current passport fee schedule as of January 2023 is as follows: Passport Fees are payable to the U.S. Department of State – Check or Money Order only. Payment is mailed to the U.S. Department of State with passport application and documentation. Service Fee and Picture Fee is Payable to Delta Township – Any form of payment.
FEES PAID TO US DEPARTMENT OF STATE
- Adult Passport Book and Card $160
- Adult Passport Book $130
- Adult Passport Card $30
- Adult Renewal Passport Book and Card $160
- Adult Renewal Passport Book $130
- Minor Passport Book and Card $115
- Minor Passport Book $100
- Minor Passport Card $15
- Expedited Service additional $60.00 per application. Additional time should be built in regarding mail time.)
- Overnight Mail Delivery is also available to have your passport returned by overnight delivery from the U.S. Department of State (customer requested – passport book only). If the overnight mail delivery return is not requested the expedited processing time for the passport application must be increased to include mail time.
FEES PAID TO DELTA TOWNSHIP
- An expedited passport, in addition to the charges by the U.S. Department of State, also has an expedited mailing fee payable to Delta Township. (Customer requested).
- $35.00 service fee per applicant paid to Delta Township
- Passport photos $15 per applicant paid to Delta Township.
Renewal Passport Applicants – Individuals age 16 & over who have had a passport issued and are renewing a passport. Adult applicants who have adult passports to be renewed issued at age 16 & over and are renewing a passport. Child applicants renewing passports must apply in person with parents until issued adult passports over age 16.
All adult applicants applying for renewal of passport MUST renew through the mail using form DS-82 if the following four items apply:
Your passport is undamaged and can be submitted with your application
- Passport was issued at age 16 & older
- Passport was issued within the last 15 years
- Passport was issued in your current name or you can legally document name change
If any of the above statements do not apply, you must apply in person. If applying for renewal of passport by mail, the following items must be included with form DS-82 when mailing your application:
Most recent US passport book and/or US passport card
- A marriage certificate or court order if your name has changed
- All applicable fees
- One recent color photographs 2” x 2” in size
- When applying for passport renewal through the mail, it is recommended to mail by a traceable delivery method. It is also recommended to mail all documents in secure packaging, such as a Tyvek envelope, which can be obtained at a US Post Office.
New Passport Applicants – All applicants applying age 16 and over for the first time, or any minor age 16 and under whom have never applied for a passport. Persons wishing to obtain U.S. Passports and or Cards must provide the following when applying in person for a passport:
- Completed application. (Do not sign the application. Signature required after oath administered.)
- Citizenship documentation
- 1 – 2” x 2” picture taken within last six months
- Valid proof of picture identification.
Completed Application – the current version of a passport application can be obtained from the Passport Acceptance Agency (Delta Township Clerk’s Office) or go to the National Passport Information Center website at www.travel.state.gov.
Citizenship Documentation Requirement – Previously issued US Passport, Certified birth record with raised seal, which can be obtained from the county where the birth took place or state office of vital records, Consular Report of Birth Abroad or Certification of Birth, Naturalization Certificate or Certificate of Citizenship. Additional documentation will be required for persons that have been adopted, foster guardianship, legal name change or have a delayed birth record. Please see the National Passport Information Center website at www.travel.state.gov or call 877.487.2778 for additional requirements.
Identification – Previously issued US Passport, Naturalization Certificate, Valid Driver’s License, Current Government ID (city, state or federal), or Current Military ID. If applying with out-of-state identification a second form of identification will be required. For information go to the National Passport Information Center website at www.travel.state.gov or call 877.487.2778.
1 – 2” x 2” Photograph – Photographs can be taken at our office for $12.00 per applicant. If providing a photograph they must be in color, 2” x 2” in size, taken within the last six months, have a white background, normal street attire worn, and no hat or headgear.
Expedited Service – Expedited service can be requested by paying the $60.00 expedited service fee for each application in addition to the required fee when applying. The processing time does not include mailing time. The mailing expedited application will be an additional postage fee payable to Delta Township (customer requested).
Overnight Mail Delivery - It is strongly suggested that you use an overnight delivery service if you have paid an additional fee for the expedition of your passport application due to upcoming travel plans. To request overnight delivery, pay an additional postage fee for each application, made payable to the U.S. Department of State in addition to required passport fees. Once the passport is processed it will be mailed to the applicant by overnight mail delivery (customer requested).
Traveling in less than 2 weeks – To obtain a passport before your departure. You must apply in person at the nearest passport agency – Detroit Passport Office – 221 W. Fort Street, 2nd Floor, Detroit. Appointment required. Call 877-487-2778 to schedule an appointment. Minors Under Age 16 Requirements – Minors 16 & under must apply in person with parents/guardians with the following documents:
- Completed application (not signed until oath given at passport acceptance agency)
- Child's evidence of US Citizenship
- Evidence of Relationship between child and parents/guardians
- Identification of applicant and parents/guardians
- Notarized parental consent form (#DS-3053) if one parent/guardian is unable to appear when applying or a signed, notarized statement from missing parent/guardian along with a copy of front and back of photo identification (driver's license).
- 1 – 2” x 2” Passport photo
Minors Age 16 & 17 Requirements – Minors age 16 & 17 must apply in person with one parent along with the following documents:
Completed application (not signed until oath given at passport acceptance agency).
- Evidence of US Citizenship of minor
- Valid proof of identification (driver’s license or school identification if available)
- Parents/guardians valid proof of identification if a minor has no picture identification. (It is recommended that a front and back copy of driver’s licenses of both parents/guardians be submitted with the application).
- Parental Consent (Parent/guardian present at submittal of application) – If a parent/guardian is present with minor at submittal of the application, parent/guardian must sign the application.
One check or money order will be required, made payable to the US Department of State, for all applicable passport fees. A secondary form of payment is required for applicable service fees and photographs through Delta Township and can be in the form of cash, check, credit, or debit card. For a more timely response please print the appropriate application form and complete it without signing, before coming to the Clerk’s Office. Other requirements may apply. Additional information is available at the National Passport Information Center at 877.487.2778 or www.travel.state.gov.
Do you have an idea, question or comment for the Township? Let us know!
Lansing MI 48917
Fax: (517) 323-8599
8 a.m. - 5 p.m.