"a great place to live, work, and play!"
Delta Township Headlines…
Get Your Tickets Now! Don't wait, get your tickets today. This year's event will take place on Thursday, October 26, at 5:30 p.m. at the Crowne Plaza Lansing West. Tickets for this year's event are available online or may be purchased at the Delta Township...read more
Notice of Adoption of Delta Charter Township 2017 Zoning Ordinance & Official Zoning Map On August 21, 2017, at a regular meeting, the Delta Township Board adopted the new 2017 Delta Township Zoning Ordinance and accompanying Official Zoning Map. The new 2017...read more
Please check out all that is going on in Delta Township by clicking on the...read more
Keep up-to-date with what’s going on in the township. Subscribe to the “Talk of the Township” today!
Follow the link to get signed up: http://bit.ly/talkofthetownship
View previous issues of “Talk of the Township” at: https://www.deltami.gov/index.php/services/talk-of-the-township-e-newsletter/
Township of Excellence Award – 2012-2016
To qualify as a Township of Excellence, an applicant township must demonstrate superior processes and outcomes in governance, along with adherence to best practices involving its statutory duties of financial stewardship, assessing, tax collection and election administration, and excellence in emergency services, land use management and economic development, transportation, utilities, and cemeteries–if the township provides any of those services.
The Delta Township Senior Council was formed to promote senior citizen involvement in local activities. The Council is comprised of 4 committees: the Activity/Social Committee which works on events such as the Park Hop, Arbor Day tree planting, December party and more; the Communications Committee which provides event information to Senior Council members, community information channels and the media while also maintaining a Facebook page reporting on upcoming and completed events of interest to Delta Township seniors; the Education Committee which contacts local reps from government and corporate sources, inviting them to speak at quarterly Delta Township Senior Council meetings (the goal of which is to provide interesting and stimulating topics of interest to Delta Township Seniors); and the Enrichment Committee which provides programs on topics of interest such as our Lunchtime Lecture Series in partnership with the Delta Township Library. Volunteers are always welcomed to serve on these committees.
New Development Projects Listing
- Chick-fil-A Restaurant, 5617 W. Saginaw Hwy.
- Golden Corral Restaurant, 730 Elmwood Rd.
- Rule Eye Care Associates, 6409 Centurion Dr.
- Salon Centric Beauty Supplies, 6209 W. Saginaw
Projects Under Construction
- Rainbow Child Care, 6824 W. Saginaw Hwy.
- Gilden Woods Child Care, 11920 Nixon Rd.
- Panera Bread, 5212 W. Saginaw Hwy.
- 7th Day Adventist Michigan Headquarters Remodeling, 5801 W. Michigan
- Hilton Garden Inn, 7711 W. Saginaw Hwy.
- Pepper Ridge Apartments, South side of Willow Hwy. immediately west of I-96
- Handz-On Auto Care, 4830 W. Saginaw Hwy.
- Jam Best One Auto/Truck Repair, 4214 W. Mt. Hope
Projects Under Review
- Sikh Temple @ northwest corner of Canal/Mt. Hope
- Outback Steakhouse, 7700 Block of West Saginaw Hwy.
- Maple Hill Assisted Living Facility, Song Bird Way
- Popeye’s Restaurant, 4324 W. Saginaw Hwy.
Delta Township has been wildly successful in being able to immediately communicate and interact with residents, businesses, and other local agencies through Facebook. Please follow Delta Township on Facebook today!
Do you have an idea, question or comment for the Township? Let us know!
The Delta Township Board of Trustees