Kenneth R. Fletcher
Kenneth R. Fletcher became Delta Township’s Supervisor in November of 2008, and is currently serving his second term. Supervisor Fletcher was born in Ionia, Michigan. He is a graduate of Michigan State University’s James Madison College where he received a Bachelor of Arts degree in Political Theory and International Relations. He has worked in the Michigan legislative and political arenas for over 25 years.
As Township Supervisor, he moderates all board meetings, calls special meetings, appoints committee members and works with the Manager’s Office in developing Township Board agendas and the Township’s Annual Budget. The Supervisor is elected every four years at the time of the Presidential Election.
Maintaining vital public services during a time of declining revenue has been the focus of Supervisor Fletcher’s time in office. He has led a restructuring of Township government to make it more efficient and responsive to the residents of Delta Township. Under his leadership, Delta Township has maintained a balanced budget and a strong AAA bond rating.
Supervisor Fletcher has been recognized as a leader in regional collaboration. Delta Township’s assessing contract with the City of Grand Ledge, and the shared services agreement with the Looking Glass Fire Authority are showing the region how local governments can work together to provide good public services at a lower cost to the taxpayers. He is currently working with other communities in the region to find additional ways to coordinate and share services in the areas of Fire and Public Safety.
Bringing and keeping jobs in the region has also been a top priority for Supervisor Fletcher. He established the position of Economic Development Coordinator to focus on helping Delta Township businesses grow. He has worked with Auto Owners Insurance, Air-Lift Corporation, General Motors, Norplas Industries, Inc. and others to create and retain jobs. He serves on the Board of Directors and Steering Committee for the Lansing Economic Area Partnership.
Keeping Delta a great place to live and raise a family is always a priority for Supervisor Fletcher. He takes great pride in the new East-West Non-Motorized Pathway that runs from Maycroft Road to Canal Road.
He chairs the Township’s Public Safety Committee and has previously served on the Utilities and Environment, Transportation, and Administrative Committees.
Supervisor Fletcher is Delta Township’s representative on the Tri-County Regional Planning Commission. He serves as Secretary of the Commission, Chair of the Program and Grant Review Committee and is a member of the Transportation Review, Finance, and Executive Committees.
He and his wife Tammy have three beautiful children and are active members of St. Gerard Parish. They live in the Broadbent Woods neighborhood.
Supervisor Fletcher can be contacted via email at email@example.com.
Howard Pizzo was re-elected Treasurer of Delta Township in 2012 to a second term. Mr. Pizzo represents the Township on the Eaton County Transportation Authority (EATRAN) and currently serves as Secretary of the Delta Side Business Association and Treasurer of Delta-Waverly Rotary. Howard is committed to the effective management of government funds in accordance with Michigan state law. He is proud of the Township Board’s accomplishments and what they have implemented in the past six years, which include:
- Improving funding of retiree’s health insurance liability to 80% and committed to a plan to bring the reserve to a full 100% before 2020.
- A strategic plan that focuses on revitalizing the Saginaw Highway business corridor and promoting economic development in Delta Township.
- A purchasing policy requiring competitive bidding to assure the lowest cost for quality goods and services.
- A code of ethics policy to encourage ethical behavior for elected officials and employees.
- A policy on disposal of obsolete township property, to assure the best return to the township while protecting the integrity of those involved.
- Support for the General Fund Balance Policy that sets a critical goal to maintain a minimum six month balance for operation and maintenance expense.
- Establishing shared service agreements for assessment services with Grand Ledge, fire and ambulance service for the Looking Glass Fire Department and reaching out to the Greater Lansing area to find other cost saving regional initiatives to improve services and save public funds.
- Establishing shared service agreements for assessment services with Grand Ledge, fire and ambulance service for the Looking Glass Fire Department and reaching out to the Greater Lansing area to find other cost saving regional initiatives to improve services and save public funds. Treasurer Pizzo is focused on providing competent oversight of Delta Township financial matters and supports Board initiatives to control expenditures that assure sufficient government funds will be available for needed pubic services. He encourages more public involvement in local government decision making, promotes reliable and effective financial reports, encourages performance measures for improving program effectiveness, promotes job-producing economic development, and builds relationships with other units of government to assure the effective and efficient use of limited public funds. Mr. Pizzo has an accounting degree from MSU, over 35 years of government financial management experience while being a Certified Government Financial Manager, (CGFM). In 2006 he received the Excellence in Government Leadership Award from the National Association of Government Accountants. He was also recognized for financial leadership by local chapters of the Association of Government Accountants and the American Society for Public Administration. Mr. Pizzo and his wife Nell have lived in the township since 1975. Their two daughters graduated from Waverly Community Schools. They are members of Trinity United Methodist Church, and volunteer in the community to help make Delta Township a better place to live, work and play. Treasurer Pizzo can be contacted via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
email: email@example.comMary R. Clark became Delta Township’s Clerk by Board appointment in October of 2011, and was elected Township Clerk on November 6, 2012.
A Delta Township resident since 1979, Mary has two adult children and five grandchildren. Ms. Clark was most recently employed in the Michigan House of Representatives as Legislative Assistant to Representative Joan Bauer. Prior to that, Mary has served as the Executive Director of Capital Area Youth Alliance, Vice President of Campaign for Capital Area United Way and Executive Director of Big Brothers Big Sisters. Mary is a member of St. Gerard Church.
Ms. Clark graduated from Illinois State University and is currently involved in the following organizations:
- Capitol Area Municipal Clerks Association Board of Directors
- Municipal Association of Municipal Clerks Legislative Committee
- Victim Advocate for the Eaton County Sheriff Department
- Habitat for Humanity Lansing Board of Directors
- Capital Area United Way Public Policy Committee Member & Women’s Leadership Council founding member
- Lansing Regional Chamber of Commerce Delta Government Relations Committee
Mary’s priorities for the township include increasing voter education and engagement, improving the vacancy and aesthetics of the Saginaw Highway corridor, and continuing open transparency in township decision making.
She is a former member of the Junior League of Lansing, past President; Old Newsboys of Greater Lansing, past Secretary; Rotary Club of Lansing, Remembrance Committee Chair; Capital Region Community Foundation Program & Distribution Committee; and the Delta Waverly Kiwanis club.
Mary’s hobbies include playing bridge, gardening, and spending time with her grandchildren.
Clerk Clark can be contacted at 323-8500 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Doug Kosinski was elected Delta Township Trustee in November 2012. He and his wife Shelagh have lived in Delta Township since 1994. Doug is a graduate of Saginaw Valley State University and has a Master’s degree in Political Science from Michigan State University. Doug and Shelagh are members of Good Shepherd Lutheran Church in Delta Township, where Doug has been a Lay Minister for the past ten years. He is also past President of the Forest Glen Condominium Association.
Doug has worked for the State of Michigan for almost 35 years, the last 25 with the Michigan Department of Corrections. He is MDOC’s Program Evaluation Manager and supervises a staff of professional researchers conducting studies to determine “what works” among department programs. The results of their work provide input to the Department’s $2 billion budget by helping to determine funding priorities. He will work to expand and improve that kind of “evidence based” decision making in Delta Township.
There are numerous things that Doug views as priorities over the next several years, which include:
- Improving communications with citizens and neighborhoods to address issues of importance to residents
- Working with businesses along the Saginaw corridor to improve their structures, appearance and business atmosphere
- Continuing the progress of recent years in ethics, openness, and accountability of Township government
- Improving Township roads, sidewalks, and trails
Trustee Kosinski may be contacted via email at email@example.com.
Dennis R. Fedewa
Dennis R. Fedewa was elected Delta Township Trustee in November, 2012 and is serving his first term. Born in Lansing, Trustee Fedewa is a 20+ year Delta Township resident. He has a B.A. degree from Michigan State University in Public Administration, and a M.A. degree in Public Administration from Western Michigan University.
Mr. Fedewa has over 35 years of fiscal and executive management experience in state government. He is a former Administrative Deputy Director for the Michigan Department of Natural Resources, and Director of Budget, Finance and Administration for the Michigan Department of Environmental Quality, where he managed budgets exceeding $500 million, and environmental bond programs of $1.5 billion. Prior to this, Trustee Fedewa served in the Michigan Legislature as a Fiscal Analyst responsible for the $11 billion annual State School Aid legislation that appropriates financial assistance to Michigan’s local K-12 school districts. He is also a former member of the Michigan Aeronautics Commission.
Trustee Fedewa is committed to the following “best practices” in all government activity including fiscal integrity, open decision making, and proactively seeking public input. Other challenges Mr. Fedewa is committed to addressing are:
- Revitalize the East Saginaw Highway commercial corridor
- Promote job growth and encourage smart business development
- Pursue public/private partnerships to deliver cost savings and better services
- Preserve and strengthen the character of our neighborhoods
- Enhance our parks and interconnect our community with walkable trails
- Help create a better sense of community within Delta Township
Trustee Fedewa indeed believes, Delta Township’s future is bright. With vision and proactive leadership, our community can be the best place in the region to live, work and enjoy our natural areas.
Trustee Fedewa may be contacted via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Jeffrey C. Hicks
Jeffrey C. Hicks is currently serving his second term as Trustee. Trustee Hicks was raised in Delta Township and attended Waverly schools. He has served on Delta Township’s Zoning Board of Appeals and Sign Board of Appeals for fourteen years, serving as Chairman of both boards for six of those years. He serves as the Township Board’s representative to the Zoning Board of Appeals and the Sign Board of Appeals.
Trustee Hicks is Assistant General Counsel-Corporate Real Estate for Dart Container. In that capacity he is responsible for overseeing legal matters pertaining to the purchase, sale, leasing, holding, and use of all domestic corporate real estate and some foreign holdings. As Assistant General Counsel he is charged with handling the most complex, highly sensitive and specialized matters of legal policies and procedures related to corporate real estate. Prior to joining Dart, Hicks was a founding and managing member of Hicks & Mullett, PLLC. His practice was concentrated in real property law including: commercial and residential real estate and lending; zoning; development; boundary disputes; easements; homeowner/condo associations; and, land use. His practice also included business and business asset sales and acquisitions, and general business law. His former clients included financial institutions ranging in size from community banks to one of the largest money managers in the Midwest, homeowner and condominium associations, developers, franchisees, homeowners, marketing and social media firms, non-profits, professional corporations and individuals.
Trustee Hicks is a graduate of Wayne State University Law School, and he earned his Bachelor of Arts degree in Political Science-Prelaw from Michigan State University. He serves on the Lansing Regional Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors as General Counsel, the Michigan State University International Board of Directors as Second Vice President, and the Rotary Club of Lansing Board of Directors. Trustee Hicks also serves on numerous other boards, committees, and non-profit organizations. He received the prestigious Lansing Regional Chamber of Commerce Community Service Award in 2009 and received the Ingham County Bar Association Camille S. Abood Distinguished Volunteer Award in 2013. Trustee Hicks is also a Rotary International Paul Harris Fellow
Trustee Hicks is also a licensed Real Estate Broker, and a frequent speaker/contributor on real estate issues. He has been a presenter before the Michigan Association for Justice’s (formerly Michigan Trial Lawyers Association) People’s Law School at Thomas M. Cooley Law School, Ingham County Bar Association, the Landlords of Mid-Michigan, Lansing Community College, Lorman Education Seminars, and has written for Michigan Lawyers Weekly. He is admitted to practice in all Michigan State and Federal Courts, and the United States Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals.
Jeff resides in Delta Township with his wife Lisa, and two daughters. He may be contacted via email at JHicks@DeltaMI.gov.
Karen Mojica was elected as Delta Township Trustee November, 2012. Karen has been a resident of Delta Township for over eight years. She has been a Soldier Member for the Army National Guard for over fifteen years.
Karen is a proud parent of a seven year old daughter, Samantha.
Karen is excited to be part of the decisions that help shape the community in which she lives. She believes Delta Township families should be able to walk or bike to well-developed neighborhood parks. She also believes the expansion of public transportation is an important asset for our community, helping residents and non-residents get to work and shop in Township businesses. In addition, she will support ideas that promise to bring in new businesses and clean up the façades of buildings along the Saginaw Highway corridor.
Trustee Mojica may be contacted via email at email@example.com