Ordinances & Licensing
The Clerk’s Office is responsible for regulating several ordinances within Delta Township. Please check with the Township Clerk to see if a vendor license is required for any vending activity in the Township either door-to-door or from a fixed commercial site. Residents should ask to see a license if they are approached by a vendor. A license is not required if vendor leaves a brochure at a resident’s home and is not soliciting a sale of merchandise or service to be delivered at later date. All other questions regarding this ordinance should be directed to the Delta Township Clerk’s Office at 323.8500.
Outlined below are regulations regarding those most frequently inquired about:
- Amusement & Entertainments – any type of outdoor entertainments, such as: concerts, carnivals, parades, circus, or exhibitions.
- Vending – anyone going from door to door, or operating from a fixed site which is not within a building is considered vending activity.
Failure to obtain proper licensing is considered a civil infraction and will be treated accordingly. If a vendor does not have a Township issued license, residents should contact the Sheriff’s Department at 372.8217.
For a complete listing of Township ordinances, please click here. The Delta Township Code of Ordinances is maintained by the Municipal Code Corporation.
All Township Ordinances Online
The Delta Township Code of Ordinances is maintained by the Municipal Code Corporation.
The Delta Township Code of Ordinances is updated annually through the Municipal Code Corporation.
All fees as may be indicated in Township Ordinances are assessed by resolution of the Board.
Please check with the Clerk’s Office at 517.323.8500 for the most recent updates.
- Delta Township Non-Discrimination Ordinance
- Noxious Weed Ordinance
- Delta Township Truck Route Ordinance
- Delta Township Zoning Ordinance (2/17/2014)
- Delta Township Zoning Map
- Delta Township Rental Registration
- Delta Township Hunting Zones
- Complete Streets Ordinance (January 21, 2014)
- Sign Ordinance (June 28, 2015)