Ordinances & Licensing
The Clerk’s Office is responsible for regulating several ordinances within Delta Township. Please check with the Township Clerk to see if a vendor license is required for any vending activity in the Township either door-to-door or from a fixed commercial site. Residents should ask to see a license if they are approached by a vendor. A license is not required if vendor leaves a brochure at a resident’s home and is not soliciting a sale of merchandise or service to be delivered at later date. All other questions regarding this ordinance should be directed to the Delta Township Clerk’s Office at 323.8500.
Outlined below are regulations regarding those most frequently inquired about:
- Amusement & Entertainments – any type of outdoor entertainments, such as: concerts, carnivals, parades, circus, or exhibitions.
- Vending – anyone going from door to door, or operating from a fixed site which is not within a building is considered vending activity.
Failure to obtain proper licensing is considered a civil infraction and will be treated accordingly. If a vendor does not have a Township issued license, residents should contact the Sheriff’s Department at 372.8217.
Currently, there is one registered “vendor”.
Pure Energy Windows
February 27 – March 13, 2017
The following individuals are licensed:
- Steve L. Beaver
- Christopher M. Ratke
All persons operating as “vendors” within Delta Township are required to be registered and wearing a visible identification card saying so. To report a non-registered “vendor” please contact the Eaton County Sheriff’s Office at 517-372-8217 Option #2.
For a complete listing of Township ordinances, please click here. The Delta Township Code of Ordinances is maintained by the Municipal Code Corporation.
- Special Transitory Food Units Ordinance (Also Known as Food Trucks) – anyone wishing to operate a special transitory food unit within the township must be registered.Special Transitory Food Unit (Food Truck) applications should be submitted to the Delta Township Planning Department.All applications must be paid in full at the time of submittal and must be submitted at least 10-days in advance of when the license will take effect.
30-Day Licensing Fee $75 120-Day Licensing Fee $300
For questions regarding Special Transitory Food Units, please contact the Planning Department at 517-323-8560. Below you may see a full version of the ordinance and download an application.
All Township Ordinances Online
The Delta Township Code of Ordinances is maintained by the Municipal Code Corporation.
The Delta Township Code of Ordinances is updated annually through the Municipal Code Corporation.
All fees as may be indicated in Township Ordinances are assessed by resolution of the Board.
Please check with the Clerk’s Office at 517.323.8500 for the most recent updates.
- Delta Township Non-Discrimination Ordinance
- Noxious Weeds Ordinance
- Delta Township Truck Route Ordinance
- Delta Township Zoning Ordinance (2/17/2014)
- Delta Township Zoning Map
- Delta Township Rental Registration
- Delta Township Hunting Zones
- Complete Streets Ordinance (January 21, 2014)
- Sign Ordinance (June 28, 2015)