The Delta Township Clerk’s Office accepts passport applications year around during regular office hours Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
The Delta Township Clerk’s Office will also be offering eight passport drives in addition to our regular hours in 2017. One picture is required when submitting a passport application (Form DS-11 ONLY) and may be obtained in the Clerk’s office for a $12.00 fee. If you are in need of a new passport or need to renew your existing passport and find it difficult to get to our office during regular office hours mark your calendar. The Clerk’s office will be accepting passport applications in addition to our regular hours (Form DS-11 ONLY) on the following dates and times in 2017:
Wednesday, April 12 – 5:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Thursday, June 8 – 5:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Tuesday, June 13 – 5:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Tuesday, September 12 – 5:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Wednesday, September 27 – 5:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Wednesday, October 4 – 5:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Please visit the U.S. Department of State website for documentation requirements, fees, and application at www.travel.state.gov. NO CREDIT CARDS AND DEBIT CARDS ARE ACCEPTED FOR PAYMENT OF PASSPORT APPLICATION FEES. THE APPLICATION FEE IS MAILED TO THE U.S. DEPARTMENT OF STATE WITH YOUR APPLICATION SO PAYMENT MUST BE A MONEY ORDER OR CHECK. Two payments will be required: (1) Payable to the U.S. Department of State for processing of your passport, which must be in form of personal check or money order, and (2) Payable to Delta Township for pictures and service fee, which may be in the form of a personal check, money order, cash, debit or credit card. Please call the Delta Township Clerk’s office at 323.8500 if you have any questions or require more information.
DELTA TOWNSHIP CLERK’S OFFICE PASSPORT ACCEPTANCE AGENCY
The Clerk’s office accepts applications for the processing of US Passports and Passport Cards Monday through Friday, from 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. No appointments are necessary. The current passport fee schedule as of July 2015 is as follows:
Passport Fees are payable to U.S. Department of State – Check or Money Order
Service Fee and Picture Fee is Payable to Delta Township – Any form of payment
- Adult Passport Book and Card $140 (+$25 service fee) – $165
- Adult Passport Book $110 (+$25 service fee) = $135
- Adult Passport Card $30 (+$25 service fee) = $55
- Adult Renewal Passport Book and Card $140
- Adult Renewal Passport Book $110
- A renewal passport is subject to a $25 service fee payable to Delta Township, same as a new passport, when the renewal is processed through Delta Township Clerk’s office.
- Minor Passport Book and Card $95 (+$25 service fee) = $120
- Minor Passport Book $80 (+$25 service fee) = $105
- Minor Passport Card $15 (+$25 service fee) = $40
- Passport photos $12
- Expedited Service additional $60.00 (approximately 2-3 weeks processing time. Additional time should be built-in regarding mail delivery time.)
- An expedited passport, in addition to the charges by the U.S. Department of State, also has a $23.75 expedite fee payable to Delta Township (customer requested).
- $15.45 Overnight Mail Delivery to have your passport returned by overnight delivery from U.S. Department of State (customer requested). Delivery will be approximately 2-3 weeks. If the overnight mail delivery return is not requested the expedited processing time for the passport application changes to over three weeks.
Renewal Passport Applicants – Individuals age 16 & over who have had a passport issued and are renewing a passport.
All applicants applying for renewal of passport may renew it through the mail using form DS-82, if the following four items apply:
- Your passport is undamaged and can be submitted with your application
- Passport was issued at age 16 & older
- Passport was issued within the last 15 years
- Passport was issued in current name or you can legally document name change
If any of the above statements do not apply, you must apply in person.
If applying for renewal of passport by mail, the following items must be included with form DS-82 when mailing your application:
- Most recent US passport book and/or US passport card
- A marriage certificate or court order if your name has changed
- All applicable fees
- One recent color photographs 2” x 2” in size
When applying for passport renewal through the mail, it is recommended mailing by a traceable delivery method. It is also recommended mailing all documents in secure packaging, such as a Tyvek envelope, which can be obtained at a US Post Office.
New Passport Applicants – All applicants applying age 16 and over for the first time, or any minor age 16 and under whom have never applied for a passport.
Persons wishing to obtain U.S. Passports and or Cards must provide the following when applying for passport:
1. Completed application. (Do not sign the application. Signature required after oath administered.)
2. Citizenship documentation
3. 1 – 2” x 2” picture taken within last six months
4. Valid proof of identification.
Completed Application – the application can be obtained from the Passport Acceptance Agency (Delta Township Clerk’s Office) or go to National Passport Information Center website at www.travel.state.gov.
Citizenship Documentation Requirement – Previously issued US Passport, Certified birth record with raised seal, which can be obtained from the county where the birth took place or state office of vital records, Consular Report of Birth Abroad or Certification of Birth, Naturalization Certificate or Certificate of Citizenship. Additional documentation will be required for persons that have been adopted, foster guardianship, legal name change or have a delayed birth record. Please see the National Passport Information Center website at www.travel.state.gov or call 877.487.2778.
Identification – Previously issued US Passport, Naturalization Certificate, Valid Driver’s License, Current Government ID (city, state or federal) or current Military ID. If applying with out-of-state identification a second form of identification will be required. For information go to the National Passport Information Center website at www.travel.state.gov or call 877.487.2778.
1 – 2” x 2” Photograph – Photographs can be taken at our office for $12.00 per applicant. If providing photograph they must be in color, 2” x 2” in size, taken within last six months, have a white background, normal street attire worn and no hat or headgear.
Expedited Service – Expedited service can be requested by paying the $60.00 expedited service fee for each application in addition to required fee when applying. You should plan on 3 weeks processing time of your passport application. The processing time does not include mailing time. Mailing expedited application will cost an addition $23.75 in postage fee payable to Delta Township (customer requested).
Overnight Mail Delivery – It is strongly suggested that you use overnight delivery service if you have paid an additional fee for the expedition of your passport application due to upcoming travel plans. To request overnight delivery, pay an additional $15.45 for each application, made payable to US Department of State in addition to required passport fees. Once the passport is processed, it will be mailed to the applicant via overnight mail delivery (customer requested).
Traveling in less than 2-3 weeks – Call the U.S. Department of State to see if an appointment is required at the nearest passport agency or expediting is sufficient. Detroit Passport Agency 877-487-2778.
Traveling in less than 2 weeks – To obtain a passport before your departure. You must apply in person at the nearest passport agency – Detroit Passport Office – 221 W. Fort Street, 2nd Floor, Detroit. Appointment required. Call 877-487-2778 to schedule an appointment.
Minors Under Age 16 Requirements – Minors 16 & under must apply in person with parents/guardians with the following documents:
- Completed application (not signed until oath given at passport acceptance agency)
- Childs evidence of US Citizenship
- Evidence of Relationship between child and parents/guardians
- Identification of parents/guardians
- Notarized parental Consent form (#DS-3053) if one parent/guardian is unable to appear when applying or a signed, notarized statement from missing parent/guardian.
- 1 – 2” x 2” Passport photo
Minors Age 16 & 17 Requirements – Minors age 16 & 17 must apply in person with following documents:
- Completed application (not signed until oath given at passport acceptance agency).
- Evidence of US Citizenship of minor
- Valid proof of identification (driver’s license or school identification if available)
- Parents/guardians valid proof of identification if a minor has no picture identification. (It is recommended that a front and back copy of driver’s licenses of both parents/guardians be submitted with application).
- Parental Consent (Parent/guardian present at submittal of application) – If a parent/guardian is present with minor at submittal of the application, the parent/guardian must sign the application. It is recommended that the nonappearing parent/guardian submit notarized form DS-3053 or notarized signed statement authorizing consent to apply for a passport.
- Parental Consent (Parent not present at submittal of application) – If parents/guardians are not present with minor at submittal of the application, both parents/guardians must submit notarized form DS-3053 or notarized signed statement authorizing consent to apply for the passport.
One check or money order will be required, made payable to the US Department of State, for all applicable passport fees. A second form of payment is required for applicable service fees and photographs through Delta Township and can be in the form of cash, check, credit or debit card. For a more timely response please print the appropriate application form and complete without signing, before coming to the Clerk’s Office. Other requirements may apply. Additional information is available at the National Passport Information Center at 877.487.2778 or www.travel.state.gov.