Young Person of the Year Nomination Form
This annual, Delta Township competitive award was established in 2009 to honor a selected high school senior who has made a positive contribution to the community, is an example to their peers, may have excelled in academics, music, arts, athletics, etc., or has successfully faced personal challenges. A $2,000 academic scholarship will be awarded to the selected individual generously sponsored by the Delta Side Business Association.
Eligibility, Selection, and Recognition:
Eligibility for the annual Young Person of the Year Award and Scholarship will be based on fulfilling all the following criteria:
- Is a verified present resident of Delta Township;
- Is a verified high school senior (12th grade) whether enrolled in a traditional high school (public or private) or home-schooled;
- Has excelled in either academics, music, arts, athletics, etc., volunteered in the community, or successfully overcame a personal or physical challenge.
- Is planning to continue education by attending a post-secondary college, university, technical, or trade school.
Not eligible for Young Person of the Year Award are the following:
- Relatives of current elected officials of Delta Township. *
- Relatives of Delta Community Awards Committee members during their period of service. *
A volunteer selection panel will review all nominations and objectively decide the winner. Selection can be based on the nominee’s well-rounded qualifications and/or on one exceptional outstanding achievement. The award winner will be honored at a public ceremony and may be featured in the media.
*For purposes of this nomination, relative is described as a spouse, child, parent, sibling, grandparent, grandchild, aunt, uncle, first cousin, niece, nephew, corresponding in-law, or “step” relation.
Guidelines for Making Nominations:
All nominations must be submitted via the Young Person of the Year Nomination Form. In the space provided on the form, the nominator must answer all questions about the nominee (i.e., the person being nominated for the award). There are no limits to the number of nominations submitted by a single nominator. The parent/guardian of the nominee (if under the age of 18) must sign a Permission and Release to Use Photographs authorization form
. Nominations must be received no later than 5:00 p.m. on Thursday, September 27, to be eligible. The recipient will be announced on October 25 at the 2018 Community Awards Reception to be held at the Crowne Plaza Lansing West Hotel. Nominations may be submitted via the online form or a printable version of the form is available here
Charter Township of Delta exists to provide superior services to the community while meeting the challenges and opportunities of the 21st Century.
Please fill out the form below as completely as possible.