Community Organization of the Year Nomination Form
This annual, Delta Township award was established to honor selected groups or organizations for their dedication in serving and promoting Delta Township through volunteer contributions to a project, program or ongoing activity that has impacted the quality of life in Delta Township, provided leadership over a period of years, thereby contributing to the township’s character, and/or made a valuable contribution that has enhanced the quality of life for residents of Delta Township.
This may include exceptional outcomes in property rehabilitation, residential, recreational, or commercial area beautifications, preservation of clean, safe neighborhoods, or other environmental improvements within the township.
Eligibility, Selection and Recognition:
Eligibility for the annual Community Organization of the Year Award will be based upon fulfilling all the following criteria:
- Must be verifiable as an organization working or operating in Delta Township;
- Has completed at least a single action that resulted in observable, or otherwise measurable, volunteer contributions, provided leadership that contributed to the township’s character, made a valuable contribution that enhanced the quality of life for residents, and/or contributed to the exceptional outcome(s) in property rehabilitation, residential, recreational, or commercial area beautifications, preservation of clean, safe neighborhoods, or other environmental improvements within the township;
- Must have contributed private resources (time, talent, money, etc.) to the improvement; and
- Action must have resulted in improvements that elevate the character or reputation of Delta Township as a desirable place to live, work, or play.
Not eligible for the Community Organization of the Year Award are the following:
- Any organization or group sponsored or funded by Delta Township.
A volunteer selection panel will review all nominations and objectively decide the winner. The award winner will be honored in a public ceremony and may be featured in the media.
Guidelines for Making Nominations:
All nominations must be submitted via the Community Organization of the Year Award Nomination Form. In the space provided on the form, the nominator must answer all questions about the nominee (i.e., the person being nominated for the award). Please also attach “before and after” photographs of the property if available. There are no limits to the number of nominations submitted by a single nominator. Nominations must be received no later than 5:00 p.m. on Thursday, September 26 to be eligible. The recipient will be announced on October 22 at the 2019 Community Awards Reception to be held at the Crowne Plaza Lansing West Hotel. Nominations may be submitted via the online form or a printable version of the form is available here
Charter Township of Delta exists to provide superior services to the community while meeting the challenges and opportunities of the 21st Century.
Please fill out the form below as completely as possible.