This annual Delta Township award was established in 2005 to honor selected individual citizens whose extraordinary contributions go “above and beyond” to enhance the quality of life and general reputation of the township. Its purpose is to encourage excellence in community stewardship and inspire acts of distinction.
Eligibility, Selection, and Recognition:
- Is a verified past or present resident of Delta Township;
- Have history of exemplary citizenship;
- Is an individual, rather than a business (might include youth, seniors, veterans, volunteers, celebrities, war heroes, etc.); and,
- Must have given extraordinarily of private resources (time, talent, money, career, etc.) resulting in observable improvements in the character, rank, position, or achievement of Delta Township as a place to live, work, or play.
Not eligible for Citizen of the Year Award are the following:
- Current elected officials of Delta Township.
- Political candidates running for office in the current year.
- Past elected officials of Delta Township for four years immediately following completion of their last elected term.
- Selection Committee members during their period of service.
Guidelines for Making Nominations:
Charter Township of Delta exists to provide superior services to the community while meeting the challenges and opportunities of the 21st Century.
Please fill out the form below as completely as possible.