It is a great honor and privilege to serve Delta Township residents as its manager. Delta is such a vibrant and dynamic community that is truly a great place to live, work, and play. Our residential, commercial, industrial, and agriculture base provide diverse opportunities for residents. The parks, trails, events, and activities ensure a high quality of life. The Township Board and staff are comprised of dedicated professionals working together to make Delta Township the best it can be.
If our office can ever be of assistance, please let us know. It is our pleasure to serve you.
Delta Township Manager
Manager’s Office Responsibilities
It is the primary responsibility of the Manager’s Office to carry out the goals and objectives of the Township Board, and manage the daily operations of the Township; this office is responsible for the following:
- To ensure all laws and Township ordinances are enforced.
- To provide leadership, coordination, and administrative support to the Township departments.
- To work to achieve the Township’s mission and goals.
- To identify key priorities and establish management procedures that will further develop and effectively utilize Township resources.
- To hire the most qualified employees, using selection methods based on merit and equal opportunity.
- To keep the lines of communication open among residents, businesses, and municipal government.
- To promote Township government services and events through various media, so that the public is more aware of said services and events.
- To listen to the needs and concerns of the community, and route its desires to the Township Board.
- To make sure that all terms and conditions imposed in favor of the Township, or its inhabitants, in any public utility franchise or in any contract, are faithfully kept and performed.
- To prepare and administer the annual budget under policies formulated by the Township Board.
- To develop and implement all personnel policies for the Township
Bachelor of Political Science – Grand Valley
Masters in Public Policy and Public Administration – MSU
City Manager Leslie
Assistant City Manager – Eaton Rapids
Project Manager – Public Policy Associates
International City/County Management Association (ICMA)
Michigan Local Government Management Association (MLGMA)
Michigan Economic Developers Association (MEDC)
Michigan Municipal League (MML) Committee member for municipal finance
Appointed member of the Michigan Drinking Water Advisory Board of Examiners for Michigan Department of Environmental Quality (MDEQ)
Married to Maria, with two children Grace and Jackson
About Mary Worland – Manager’s Office Department Assistant
Mary Worland joined Delta Township in 2015. Previously, she worked for the Michigan Association of Broadcasters (MAB), the Michigan National Guard (MING), Coldwater Daily Reporter, and the Michigan Department of Transportation (MDOT). She holds a Bachelor of Science Degree in Communications from Grand Valley State University. Additionally, Mary has served on the Michigan AMBER Alert Foundation (MAAF) Board of Directors and assisted during the disaster relief efforts during hurricane Katrina. She is passionate about communicating with the public and serving the people in her community. Mary has lived in Delta Township for the past eight years with her husband Joseph and they have three children, Emily, Benjamin, and Katherine.
Contact the Manager’s office at 517-323-8590 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.