Current Open Positions
- Library Assistant (part-time)
- Assistant Planning Director
- Paramedic/Firefighter (full-time)
- EMT/Firefighter or Paramedic/Firefighter (part-time)
- Part-time Lifeguard / Learn to Swim Instructor
Delta Township occasionally seeks individuals to work on a temporary or seasonal part-time basis. These positions are commonly located in our Parks & Recreation Department or Utilities Department. You may contact Marcus Kirkpatrick, Parks & Recreation Director, at 517.323.8555 or Rick Kane, Utilities Director, at 517.323.8570.
Delta Charter Township has established a variety of employee benefit programs designated to assist its full-time employees in meeting the financial burdens that can result from illness, disability, and death and to help them plan for retirement, deal with job related or personal problems, and enhance their job related skills, morale, and efficiency. Some of these benefits include:
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance equivalent to 1½ times your annual base salary
- Dental Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- 401(a) Pension Plan – Non-Union (employer contributes 12½% of annual base salary after 6 months of continuous full-time employment and successful completion of probationary period) *
- 457 Deferred Compensation Plan (optional employee contribution only)
- Section 125 Flexible Spending Plan (both medical and dependent care expenses)
- Paid Vacation Time – Non-Union (2 weeks each year for the first five years; pro-rated each month; eligible for vacation after 6 months of employment) *
- Paid Sick Time – Non-Union (8 hours per month) *
- Paid Personal Time – Non-Union (1 day after completion of one year of employment; 2 days after completion of three years; 3 days after completion of five years)
- Paid Holidays – Non-Union (11 per year) *
- Longevity Pay beginning after five years of continuous full-time employment.
* Union employees vacation, sick, and holiday benefits are specified within the union contract. Union employees do not receive personal benefit days. Union employees and township pension contributions are also outlined in the union contract.
Frequently Asked Questions
All employees of the Township, including firefighers and temporary/seasonal employees, are hired through the human recourses department located in the Manager’s Office.
How do I apply for a job with Delta Township?
You may call the personnel department at (517) 323-8590, or visit the office located at 7710 W. Saginaw Highway. The human recourses department is housed in the Manager’s Office located in the west wing of the Administration Building.
What types of positions are available?
Positions vary from custodian to firefighter to secretarial and everything in between. For a list of current job opportunities, check our web page. We post openings as they occur.
Can I come to the Manager’s Office to apply?
Yes. Delta Township accepts applications from individuals and will maintain them on file for a one year period. These applications will be reviewed as positions become available.
What types of benefits are available for employees?
A listing of benefits is shown in the Employee Benefits box above..
Is there a residency requirement?
Delta Township does not have a residency requirement for most employees, with the exception of members of the fire employees union hired on or after January 1, 2011. Those employees must reside within 20 miles from the nearest boundary of Delta Township.
Is the township an equal opportunity employer?
Delta Township practices nondiscrimination and discourages and prohibits discrimination against any person in recruitment, examination, training, promotion, retention, discipline, or any other aspect of personnel administration because of political opinions, or affiliations. It is the policy of Delta Township that no person be discriminated against because of actual or perceived race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, height, weight, marital status, physical or mental limitation, source of income, familial status, sexual orientation, or gender identity/expression.
Is there a filing deadline for job postings?
All job postings have a specific closing date on the announcement. It is important to note this information when applying in order to submit your application before the deadline.